The LK10 Community is committed to nurturing and multiplying “vibrant families of Jesus” around the world. That simple short phrase is packed with meaning.
- Families. Every church mentioned in the New Testament met in a home and functioned like a small spiritual family. We are committed to restoring this view of church because we believe that “Scripture is our authoritative guide for faith and practice.” Church = family was the NT practice.
- Families of Jesus. We believe that Jesus is the Head of the Church. And, the Head (Leader) of every individual church. One of the implications is that He brings the agenda when we meet. The LK10 Community is committed to equipping house churches to function this way.
- Vibrant Families of Jesus. The definition of “vibrant” is “pulsing with life”. This is what we experience when church truly functions as a family led by Jesus.
So, that’s a good theoretical description of a “vibrant family of Jesus”. But, what does this look like in practice?
Another goal of the LK10 Community is to tell a hundred (or maybe a thousand!) stories of what church looks like when it is functioning as a vibrant family of Jesus. In the video below, Jordan Bunch, a member of the LK10 Leadership Team, tells one of these stories. Jordan’s response to his friend is one more picture of what a “vibrant family of Jesus” really looks like.
- Have a friend who is interested in “vibrant families of Jesus”? Forward this post to them and encourage them to subscribe to the LK10 Newsletter. Click on Option 1: Subscribe at LK10.com
- Want to learn how to create churches like this? Sign up for our free four week course called Church 101 here: Church 101 Course