Application for the Leader 101 Course
Key Habits of Highly Effective Spiritual Leaders
Read through the following information about the Course and ask any questions you have. Then, fill out the Application Form below.
You’ve finished Church 101. You’ve experienced the value of our two simple rhythms of attention. And, you can see how “churches of two” (CO2s) can be important building blocks for all larger expressions of church. And, you can see the potential of “vibrant families of Jesus” multiplying throughout your city and country.
But, how do you put these things into practice in your small group (house church, etc)? Where can you get ongoing help in starting and building groups that are truly “vibrant families of Jesus”? Where lives are changed? Where these “families” multiply in an organic, viral manner? What’s next after Church 101?
LK10 Leader 101 Course
If you are leading (or planning to start) a small group like this and are asking these questions, we want to invite you to ask the Lord if He wants you to apply for the Leader 101 Course. First steps… Read through the information below and ask any questions that come to mind. Then, listen to the Lord for His directions. Three components of Leader 101…
- Learning /practicing: Leadership Skills. Your Leader Team will focus on one of the key habits or skills of mature leaders each month. 24 month curriculum – One topic/habit/module per month. This will empower and equip you to lead your own community of faith as God directs.
- Supporting/Encouraging: Leader Team. In Leader 101, you will be part of a small group of leaders just like yourself who mutually learn from and care for each other.
- Praying/Multiplying: Vibrant Families of Jesus. Through praying Luke 10:2b and going as God leads, you will get to play an important part in the worldwide revolution of joy that Jesus started over 2000 years ago. Together we aim at seeing a vibrant family of Jesus in easy access of every person in every region in the world.
Description of Leader Teams
The Leader 101 Course takes place in the context of a small group of leaders (up to 10 in a group) who help each other build vibrant families of Jesus. These groups, called “Leader Teams”, form small “communities of practice” which study and practice the key habits of highly effective small group leaders. These Teams are a place where leaders can go and say three simple words. “I need help.” “I don’t know how to solve this problem in my group. Can you help?” Each Leader Team is led by a LK10 Coach. What’s it like to be part of a Leader Team? Click on the two pictures below to hear real life stories from two of our Teams…
LK10 Financial Policy
People who join L101 joyfully make these commitments:
What kind of people is Leader 101 for? People who have a deep desire to see their families, their neighborhoods, and their cities transformed. To see the Kingdom of God (the rule and reign of Jesus) expand throughout their region or people group. And, happily pay the following costs to see that occur…
Time. You will be part of a Leader Team that will meet at least twice a month for 90 minutes. And, likely, at some point, you will also start and facilitate a Church 101 group and, as God leads, start your own Leader Team. You would then be part of two Teams. Plus homework: 1-2 hrs/week. Once a year Leader Team Conference. How long is your commit to Leader 101? As long as Jesus directs you to be in it. You are free to leave at any time. On the other hand, many members have been part for over two years. Stay in it as long as Jesus tells you to. And, no longer.
Money. People who are in Leader 101 are invest on a regular basis in two places.
First, in the person who is facilitating your Leader Team. We believe that investing in apostolic ministry is a clear biblical instruction. In 1 Cor. 9:11, Paul explains this principle. “If I (as an apostolic church planter) invested in you spiritually, it’s appropriate that you invest in me and my ministry financially.”
Second, in the global movement of LK10. Not only is the coaching, training, and modeling that we experience within the LK10 community a treasure enough, but when we financially commit to LK10, we are investing in the Kingdom of God by joining a global movement that is training people to connect to each other on a heart to heart level, connect to God together, and do what He tells them to do! Can you imagine the impact this kind of movement? It will be a self-propagating world-wide revolution of joy that Jesus always intended His body to be!
So, listen to the Lord for the specific amount of the regular commitments he wants you to make in these two places – your facilitator and LK10. (For most people, this is a monthly commitment.) The amounts are completely up to you and the Lord. When you know what those amounts are, you are ready to sign up for Leader 101.
- If you are investing in the Coach of your Leader Team, speak to that person about how to do that.
- If you are investing in LK10 you can either 1. set up a monthly amount through our LK10 PayPal account. 2. Or, set up a monthly draft from your bank. Email John White for details. John.LK10@gmail.com