Application for the Leader 101 Course
Key Habits of Highly Effective Spiritual Leaders
Read through the following information about the Course and ask any questions you have. Then, fill out the Application Form below.
You’ve finished Church 101. You’ve experienced the value of our two simple rhythms of attention. And, you can see how “churches of two” (CO2s) can be important building blocks for all larger expressions of church. And, you can see the potential of “vibrant families of Jesus” multiplying throughout your city and country.
But, how do you put these things into practice in your small group (house church, etc)? Where can you get ongoing help in starting and building groups that are truly “vibrant families of Jesus”? Where lives are changed? Where these “families” multiply in an organic, viral manner? What’s next after Church 101?
LK10 Leader 101 Course
If you are leading (or planning to start) a small group like this and are asking these questions, we want to invite you to ask the Lord if He wants you to apply for the Leader 101 Course. First steps… Read through the information below and ask any questions that come to mind. Then, listen to the Lord for His directions. Three components of Leader 101…
- Community. Every leader needs support and encouragement. The best learning takes place in community. So, a vital part of Leader 101 is the Leader Teams. These small groups meet at least twice a month. Most of them are virtual. (We have been amazed at the level of relationships that can develop virtually!) The two videos below paint a real life picture of what Leader Teams are like. (Each Leader Team will have a Facilitator who gives leadership. In addition to leading a Team, this person will also be a member of another Leader Team.)
- Content. We have identified nine habits (this number will grow) of highly effective spiritual leaders. Each habit is explored in a module or lesson. And, we devote a month to each lesson. These lessons are found in the LK10 Library. (Scroll down and look on the right column.)
- Church planting. Everyone in Leader 101 is involved in the joyful activity of joining with Jesus in birthing new “vibrant families of Jesus”. This might mean one church or dozens of churches. Everyone is praying the 10:2b Prayer. Everyone is considered a LK10 Coordinator for a region (however large or small) and/or people group. Sharing the 10:2b answers sent from the Lord of the harvest is one of the most encouraging aspects of the Leader Teams.
Description of Leader Teams
The Leader 101 Course takes place in the context of a small group of leaders (up to 10 in a group) who help each other build vibrant families of Jesus. These groups, called “Leader Teams”, form small “communities of practice” which study and practice the key habits of highly effective small group leaders. These Teams are a place where leaders can go and say three simple words. “I need help.” “I don’t know how to solve this problem in my group. Can you help?” Each Leader Team is led by a LK10 Coach. What’s it like to be part of a Leader Team? Click on the two pictures below to hear real life stories from two of our Teams…
Prerequisites for joining a Leader Team
As part of the application process for Leader 101, you will want to read the following two documents and discuss them with the Coach of your Leader Team.
LK10 Financial Policy
One of our LK10 values is the principle of giving. Numerous scripture passages affirm this principle, such as Luke 10:7 “…the worker deserves his wages” and 1 Corinthians 9:11 “If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you?
However, God does not establish these principles to impoverish those who give. He gives wonderful promises to those who are generous, such as Luke 6:38: “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
We offer Church 101 at no cost. We offer Leader 101 without a fixed cost. In keeping with 1 Cor. 9:11, we ask every member of Leader 101 to make some monthly financial investment, however large or small, in either the Coach leading their Leader Team or in LK10 or in both.
We simply ask that each participant in Leader 101 ask the Lord – according to the principles quoted above – what their part is in financially supporting the work of Luke 10 and the Coach who has sown spiritual seed into their life.
- If you are investing in the Coach of your Leader Team, speak to that person about how to do that.
- If you are investing in LK10 you can either 1. set up a monthly amount through our LK10 PayPal account. 2. Or, set up a monthly draft from your bank. Email John White for details. John.LK10@gmail.com